What is revision?
According to the Collins English dictionary revision means ‘to read things again’. This implies that you have read and understood your study material at least once prior to starting revision.
Why is revision important?
The importance of revision is twofold.
- It helps you to remember facts, figures,topics and methodologies that you have covered some time ago.
- If done correctly it will help increase your confidence and reduce anxiety – you will be well prepared for your examinations.
Effective Learning environments
Do you have a suitable space to revise?
Or does your revision space look like chaos?
Minimise distractions by trying to keep an area for learning that is:
- Not cluttered
- Equipped with everything you need
- Free from interruptions (mobile phones etc)
Alternative spaces if you haven’t got a suitable space at home:
- Local library or School library
- After School revision classes
- A friends house
Do you know the topics you need to revise?
- Use revision checklists
- Use your exercise books and model answers
- Use text books
- Use materials produced by the exam boards
- Use online revision tools (but make sure they are the correct ones for your exam board)
- Ask your teachers for help on the topics you are unsure of.
Have you decided how you are going to revise?
You can’t rewrite all the notes from your Year 9, 10 and 11 work.
You need to summarise the content.
Use a variety of revision techniques
Highlight key parts of ones that are more difficult to remember
Keep persevering with the more difficult work.
Looking after yourself when revising.
Below are a number of websites to help you manage your stress during exams:Help your child beat exam stress – NHS
Different websites to help with your revision
General - For Research
- Revision Evening Note Taking Ebola sample text.pdf pdf84.3 KbFeb 10th, 2019
- Revision Evening Extended Science Physics Question Model Answer.pdf pdf205.2 KbFeb 10th, 2019
- Revision Evening Science building up an answer.pdf pdf129.6 KbFeb 10th, 2019
- Revision evening Science answering extended answers.pdf pdf146.6 KbFeb 10th, 2019
- Revision Evening Science extended answers rates of reaction question.pdf pdf102.2 KbFeb 10th, 2019
- Revision Evening Science extended answer connectives.pdf pdf130.1 KbFeb 10th, 2019
- Revision Evening Science 6 mark answer question.pdf pdf1.3 MbFeb 10th, 2019
- Revision Evening Science - How to answer an extended question.pdf pdf410.4 KbFeb 10th, 2019
- Revision Evening Science extended answer resources.pdf pdf39.3 KbFeb 10th, 2019
- GCSE MATHEMATICS REVISION.pdf pdf135.3 KbFeb 10th, 2019
- Revision Evening GCSE maths exam advice 2018.pdf pdf1.1 MbFeb 10th, 2019
- Revision Evening Learning by Association and mnemonics powerpoint.pdf pdf1.4 MbFeb 10th, 2019
- Revision Evening sample text to make a mind map from.pdf pdf162.2 KbFeb 10th, 2019
- Revision Evening Making your notes user friendly.pdf pdf124.4 KbFeb 10th, 2019
- Revision Evening Mindmap example.pdf pdf147.4 KbFeb 10th, 2019
- Revision Evening Talk For Writing Powerpoint.pdf pdf1.1 MbFeb 10th, 2019
- Revision Evening Note Taking spidergram additional resource.pdf pdf133.2 KbFeb 10th, 2019
- Year 11 Revision information leaflet.pdf pdf1.2 MbFeb 10th, 2019
- Revision Evening Note Taking Powerpoint.pdf pdf95.0 KbFeb 10th, 2019
- Revision Evening Mind Map powerpoint.pdf pdf223.0 KbFeb 10th, 2019
- Revision Evening Command Words powerpoint.pdf pdf518.2 KbFeb 10th, 2019
- Half-term-organiser.pdf pdf184.6 KbDec 11th, 2018
- History Revision.pdf pdf645.9 KbDec 11th, 2018
- Oaka Books Revision Booklet.pdf pdf13.8 MbDec 11th, 2018
- Revision techniques - Note Taking.pdf pdf45.1 KbDec 11th, 2018