How to Cope with Exams
Let’s face it, exams are no fun. But unfortunately, there’s no avoiding them, which means you may be feeling stressed or anxious about the next few weeks. Luckily, we have plenty of advice to keep you (relatively) calm and on track, so with GCSEs, A-levels, highers and everything else looming, we thought we’d bring together some of our most relevant articles together to help you prepare.
1. Worried about exam day?
Your Exam Day Questions Answered:
- How can I predict what questions will come up in my exam? What if I forget my calculator?
- How much should I revise on the day of the exam?
- If your head is filled with questions like these, we’ve got the antidote. We’ve tackled some of the most common questions students ask in the run up to and after exams.
2. Still struggling with revision? No, it’s not too late!
Exam Revision Study Advice
A no-nonsense in-depth guide to making the most of revision. Exactly what you need with weeks to go!
YouTube Revision Channels
English, maths, science, everything. Super-charge your revision with a little help from these fab YouTubers.
More help with revision:
- What’s the best way to revise?
- We ask the experts: What’s your best revision tip?
- How to make a revision plan (with revision timetable template)
- Top revision techniques for exams
3. Staying motivated
How To Motivate Yourself To Study
Whether it’s another 5 minutes on Instagram or some chore you’ve been putting off for weeks, there’s always a reason not to study. But with exams getting closer, you can’t afford to waste time. In this guide, we share 4 simple techniques you can use to beat the procrastination bug.
4. Looking after your mental health
The stress and strain of exams can trigger darker episodes of mental health in all of us, whether or not we’ve suffered from mental health problems before. We want you to know you’re not alone, and there’s plenty you can do to make a difference right now. If you’re really struggling, speak to someone straight away.
6 Apps To Give Your Mental Health A Boost
Some simple, free tools just a few taps of your smartphone away that can really make a difference.
How To Deal With Stress At School
7 techniques for reducing stress, advice on avoiding stress, and what to do if things get too much.
More mental health advice:
- Got a part-time job? How to balance work and study
- Looking for something else? See all our mental health articles
Get quick careers advice on the go
Sign up to our YouTube channel
Head over to our YouTube channel and you’ll find over 40 videos on topics ranging from exams, revision and study tips, to apprenticeships, applying to uni and developing employability skills. Subscribe to get alerts when we add new videos:
How to share with your students, colleagues and other schools/colleges
Easy! Simply click the button below:
If you have any questions or need any help, please post your query here in our forum.
Success at School Team